Make/Model: Giant OCR 1
Adoption Date: July 2006
Purpose: Road, supported touring, speed with light-weight ease
- Carbon fork/carbon seat post/aluminum frame
- 30/39/50 crankset, 10-speed rear cassette 12-25 (I think)
- Shimano 105 – STI shifters, front and rear derailers
Make/Model: Surly Cross Check, custom build
Birth date: August 2009
Purpose: commuting, unsupported touring, off-road riding, comfort
- Steel frame
- 30/39/50 crankset, 9-speed rear cassette 12-25
- Shimano Tiagra STI, front derailer: shimano tiagra, rear derailer: shimano deore
- My favorite feature is the Kalloy Guizzo seatpost… it has shocks on it! An indulgence for a bike meant for comfort travel instead of speed.
I have plans to refurbish this bike, possibly upgrading some of the components so that it’s more mountain bike ready. I currently don’t use it much since it seriously needs some work to get it back into shape for riding. It was my husband’s bike, which I gave to my friend Diane in 2001 when I was moving out of the condo I shared with my husband. When Di got a new bike, she asked if I wanted to take the bike back and I gratefully did. It reminds me of my husband and thus the name with which I’ve christened it.
The newest addition to my bike family. I just started mountain biking this past year and am looking forward to many great adventures!
Make/Model: Scott Genius 740, 650B
Adoption Date: July 2014
Purpose: Mountain biking